Our Construction Law Cases
Our Construction Law Cases
- Represented demolition contractor in collection action against owner/developer of $23 million urban redevelopment project. Obtained $360,000 lien on home and business of owner/developer, and Judgment of over $450,000.
- Represented demolition and asbestos abatement subcontractor in successful bid protest against the Town of Milton. See In re: Town of Milton, 131 Eliot Street Building Demolition. http://www.bpd.ago.state.ma.us/Default.aspx?sectionYear=2&year=2012
- Represented environmental services company in collection action against general contractor for non-payment for environmental cleanup services. Obtained favorable Settlement Agreement and Agreement for Judgment.
- Represented subcontractor in collection action/construction dispute against contractor for non-payment for construction services, and successfully defended counterclaims alleging defective work. Negotiated favorable settlement.
- Secured and perfected mechanic’s liens on various properties in connection with collection actions brought by contractors.
- Obtained dismissal on Motion to Dismiss action for defective work brought by property owner against subcontractor where there existed a Settlement Agreement between contractor and subcontractor.
- Represented demolition and asbestos abatement contractor in contract negotiations with and collection activities against owner of building requiring emergency post-fire response.
- Represented site work contractor in collection action against owner/developer of subdivision.
- Represented landscape contractors in collection actions against homeowners.
- Formed Massachusetts Limited Liability Company (LLC) for new landscape and masonry supply business to complement client’s existing landscaping business.
- Represented excavation contractor in collection action against General Contractor in connection with construction of a public school.
- Represented electrical subcontractor in connection with non-payment by contractor on various residential construction projects.
- Represented mason in connection with collection action against homeowner, and defended counterclaims for defective work.
- Represented Professional Engineer (P.E.) when Division of Professional Licensure/Office of Prosecutions/Board of Registration of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors attempted to revoke license. Negotiated settlement where client ultimately retained license.
- Represented contractor when Department of Industrial Accidents issued Stop Work Order based on erroneous allegation that contractor failed to provide workers compensation insurance.
- Represented licensed Home Inspector when home buyers brought suit against him for failure to report faulty chimney.
- Represented residential property owners in connection with construction of new home.
- Represented contractors in connection with negotiating, drafting, and reviewing various construction contracts, including refining scope of work, and negotiating favorable payment terms and completion dates.
Get Help Today
Use the email form to the right, or call today for a free consultation. 617/969-0400.
We handle construction law cases in Boston and the greater Boston area, including in Middlesex County, Suffolk County, Norfolk County, Essex County, Worcester County and Bristol County. We cover many Cities and Towns, including Newton, Waltham, Bellingham, Needham, Framingham, and Brockton, as well as many others. If you need a Boston or Newton construction law lawyer, we welcome the opportunity to help you.